Recipe taken from Holly Barker’s Sports Dog Nutrition Facebook Group
- 2 packets of ground almonds (400g) or 300g hemp/coconut flour (coconut flour is temperamental, absorbent and can make the treats dry. Just add more eggs or water in needed)
- 6 eggs
- 250g mature cheddar
- 4 tins sardines in olive oil (don’t drain the oil)
- 1 tablespoon marmite
- Mix it all together to form a thick batter, if it’s not runny enough chuck another egg in.
- Put into a shallow large tin and bake on 180 for about 20-30 mins
- Cut into little cubes, slightly bigger than the size you want.
Mix a teaspoon of marmite with a splash of boiling water.
Spread the treats evenly on a baking sheet, put baking paper underneath.
Paint the treats with the marmite and put them back in the oven on low (about 70-100 deg) with the door cracked til they are light and crisp.
Holly joined me for an episode of my ‘Life With Dogs Conversations’.
In our chat l pick her brain and extensive knowledge of diet and nutrition – and why getting it right is so important to our dogs good behaviour.
If you haven’t already, dive in here to listen now:
This wonderful lady is generous to a fault – her FB group is full up to over flowing with examples of dogs she’s helped with her brilliant advice.
Don’t miss the conversation: