- This event has passed.
Boot Camp for Dogs, 2.5 hour workshop
October 23, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm£20.00 – £40.00
Do you have a naughty dog in need of reform?
This workshop is for the following doggy delinquents:
- Dogs who dislocate your arm when on the lead!
- Selectively ‘deaf’ dogs, whose recall is 100% except when [fill in the blank!]
- Dogs who thieve other people’s ball out on a walk and won’t give them back!
- Muggers of humans, who love to leave a muddy paw or two on everyone they meet!
Don’t worry, this is not my first rodeo.
I’ve seen and helped many dog owners with these problems, and many more!
During this workshop you will learn:
- How to achieve reliable loose lead walking
- Why recall can be difficult for your dog, and how to overcome it together
- How to manage your dog’s arousal level when other dogs are playing fetch
- What great social greetings look like, and how to achieve them
The training will take place in my training field in a ‘real world’ setting.
There will be plenty of breaks for the dogs, and they may be expected to wait in their vehicles whilst other dogs are working.
NB: Get in touch if that might be a problem for your dog.
My dog is so easily distracted and doesn’t do well in a group class – can I spectate instead?
You will learn lots of valuable information by both taking part with your dog, or watching as a spectator too.
The workshop will be held outside in my fenced training field.
We’ll go ahead if light rain/ wind is forecast, but you would be notified of cancellation in the event of very bad weather.