Social Training & Behaviour Adventure | Tues 28th Mar, 2.00pm – 3.00pm
March 28 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm£12.50 – £25.00
This workshop is for dogs from 6 months old who want to work on their training skills in a real life situation.
This workshop will be helpful if you sometimes struggle with..
- Pulling on the lead when there’s lots going on around them
- Jumping up at people who stop to say hello
- Barking in frustration when they can’t get to greet another dog
- Making everyone jump in the café/ pub by barking at passersby
This is not an exhaustive list – I’m sure your dog might have a few things to add to it!
During this workshop we will cover..
- How to set ourselves and our dogs up for success in the real world
- Mini training challenges such as sit and drink a cup of coffee with your dog settled next to you
- What response we should give if our dogs behave in a way we deem inappropriate
- Management ideas to help support our dogs in situations they find difficult
My dog is so easily distracted and doesn’t do well in a group class – can I spectate instead?
You will learn lots of valuable information by both taking part with your dog, or watching as a spectator too.
About the location for the training
We’ll be meeting in town centres and exploring the local area we find ourselves in.
We will go ahead if light rain/ wind is forecast, but you would be notified of cancellation in the event of very bad weather.
What to bring to your session
As mentioned above, there may be mini challenges which involve popping into cafés or shops as I deem appropriate. So worth having some pocket money on hand for your dog – wouldn’t want them feeling left out! 😉